REVIEW: Tony Moly Sheet Masks

Saturday, November 21, 2015



Hello beauties! Hope y'all are having a rocking weekend! Deepika's back with a review for Tony Moly Sheet Masks that are a rage nowadays. Korean sheet masks have a zillion sheet masks which guarantees a mask for your skin concern. Sheet masks are a quick way to deliver instant results. Each mask is drenched in essence which hydrates the skin immediately when applied on skin. Let's see how they fared for me:

I purchased two Tony Moly Sheet Masks from Zanna Accessories for INR 150 each. You can purchase them here. I purchased I'm Real Makgeolli Mask Sheet Skin Purifying & Lemon Mask Sheet Brightening.

My Experience:

I'm Real Makgeolli Mask Sheet Skin Purifying:

This one of the mask in their I'm Real Sheet mask line. It comes in a plastic packaging which is secure and easy to carry. I had no idea what Makgeolli is so I searched it using the internet and it is a Korean alcoholic beverage made from rice/wheat. The mask smelled really really nice like some high end skincare product but a bit on the stronger side, it may bother sensitive noses. The claim on the back of the packaging says this mask is supposed to make uneven skin tone look radiant and glowing. The essence of this mask is white in colour. When I removed the mask from the packaging it was literally drenched in essence and some even spilled. I immediately put on the sheet mask on my face and kept it on for 15-20 minutes. I had first washed my face with a mild cleanser before putting on the mask. After removing the mask, I squeezed out the remaining essence from the packaging and massaged it gently on to my skin. I didn't put anything thereafter, my skin did feel sticky for sometime which wasn't too bothersome. The mask hydrated my skin really well, however I only noticed a glow after 20-30 minutes. My skin looked fresh, brightened and the smell of essence lingered on! The effect lasted until next day. Putting on this mask becomes a messy affair ONLY if the essence spills otherwise the mask is very easy to use.

Ingredients:



Pros: 
  • Super hydrating.
  • Makes the skin look fresh and healthy.
  • Smells luxurious like a high end skincare product.
  • Easy to use and delivers on claim.
Cons:
  • A bit pricey.
  • The skin feels sticky after removing the mask due to the essence.
  • Availability - Not a con for me as I do not mind buying it online.

I'm Real Lemon Mask Sheet Brightening:

Along with the Makgeolli I purchased the lemon one too which I used a week after the Makegeolli one. The back of the  packaging claims to make dull and dark skin radiant. This one had a very mild smell of lemons which fades away within minutes. The sheet mask was drenched in essence when I tore open the packaging. The essence was dripping and I immediately put on the mask after removing it from the packaging. I had washed my with a mild cleanser prior putting on the mask. I kept the mask on for 20-25 minutes and after removing it I squeezed the essence from the packaging and gently massaged it all over my face. The mask proved to be a dud though. It did really nothing for my skin. I didn't notice any glow or radiance but only a slight hydration. The essence felt super duper sticky on my skin, the stickiness didn't go away like it did with the makgeolli one. This product disappointed me. 

Ingredients:




Pros: 
  • Easy to use
  • Mild fragrance
  • Hydrates the skin to an extent
Cons:
  • A bit pricey.
  • The skin feels sticky after removing the mask due to the essence.
  • Availability - Not a con for me as I do not mind buying it online.
  • Didn't notice any glow or radiance on my skin. Didn't deliver on claims.
Will I recommend: I would recommend the Makgeolli sheet mask!

If you have used sheet masks too then feel free to share your experience with us! We love to hear from our readers.

Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: These products are my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments