REVIEW: Jo’s Organic Beauty After Eight Lip Scrub

Tuesday, May 10, 2016


Jo's Organic Beauty After Eight Lip Scrub
Hey, folks! Hope y’all are doing well. I (Samra) am back with the review of the After Eight Lip Scrub by Jo’s Organic Beauty.

About the Brand:

A skin care range that ensures active Organic & Natural ingredients for a healthy skin & glowing YOU. A complete body & mind Organic Shop.

Brand’s Claims About the Product:

Enjoy the taste of chocolate & mint in lip scrub.

Jo's Organic Lip Scrubs are designed to gently buff away dry flakes while nourishing and smoothing lips. Fine grains of raw cane sugar blended perfectly with gorgeous essential and vitamin rich oils, coated with organic honey, to re-texture, nourish and condition lips. They are flavored according to your taste. Enjoy the lick-able lip scrub.

Jo's After Eight Lip Scrub - Ingredients & Directions
How to Use:

Wet your lips a bit with water, take small portion of lip scrub and scrub your lips (don’t worry if it gets into your mouth it’s totally lick able). Wash off and apply our Lip smooches for perfectly noticeable lips.

Jo's After Eight Lip Scrub - Ingredients & Directions
My Experience:

Over the last six months, I have developed great fondness for natural and homemade skincare products. Being free of chemicals, I find them to be the match made in heaven for my sensitive skin :D

Jo’s Organic Beauty has a scrumptious (literally), edible the lip scrub range, with four variants Cappuccino, After Eight, Winter Delight and Cotton Candy, all of which are handmade, and made with natural ingredients. It was hard to choose one, *sigh* I ended picking up After Eight *may be because I have always enjoyed the mint and chocolate experience of After Eight chocolate ;)*, and have been using it twice to thrice a week ever since.

The product comes in a simple yet sturdy plastic jar with details on the ingredients and usage directions. The fragrance of chocolate scrub is irresistible. I scoop out the product with a dry plastic spoon, mix a couple of drops of water and apply it on my lips. After rubbing it with my fingers, I rinse it with water. I have found out that using a baby baby brush instead of fingers to scrubs away stubborn dead skin more effectively. The raw cane sugar particles are not too coarse, so they do not feel harsh on the skin at all. It scrubs away the flaky skin of my ever-so-dry lips effortlessly.

The best part is that it leaves my lips supple, plump, and adequately moisturised, which is obviously due to the presence of honey and essential oils. I have also noticed that the regular use of this product has also reduced the pigmentation of my lips to a great extent. I follow it up with lip smooches from the same brand, which will be reviewed on the blog soon.

All in all, this lip scrub is a calorie-less ‘After Eight’ experience for me every time I use it ;)

Pro Tips:
  • Since the product is free from preservatives (harmful parabens), I’d advise you all to store it in a refrigerator to maintain the quality of the product, and put it to longer use.
  • To prevent contamination, use a dry plastic or wooden spoon to scoop out the product.
  • For better results, scrub away the flaky skin on your lips with a baby brush, post application.

Do I recommend this?

 Absolutely, yes! After all, it is a budget-friendly and all natural  moisturising lip scrub with anti-oxidant properties.

Pros:
  • Travel friendly packaging
  • Handmade
  • Cruelty free
  • Paraben free
  • Moisturising
  • Edible :P so it is harmless, if swallowed
  • Yummy fragrance of chocolate   Contains the goodness of natural, anti-oxidant, skin loving ingredients, like essential oils, mint and chocolate.
  •  Consists of gentle on skin, not coarse at all, cane sugar
Cons:
  •  None. Availability for those who do not prefer buying products online.

Price and Availability:

It costs PKR 450/- and can either be ordered online through the brand’s official facebook page HEREor its stockist HERE.

Disclaimer: The product featured in this post is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience.


You Might Also Like

0 comments