Goodbye, 2015!

Sunday, January 03, 2016



Hello, lovelies!

Firstly, here's wishing you all a very happy New Year. May we all don’t have to face any kind of misfortunes and may the expectations never override our senses. =]

The end of the year [yes we delayed publication of this post, apologies] is a perfect way to reflect upon year’s stresses and happy moments. For both the Brown Muses, 2015 has been a mixed bag. We both have had our shares of happiness, lovely memories, heartaches, disappointments and a lot more. In this post, Deepika and Samra are going to share their experiences they’ve had in 2015 and what their expectations from 2016 are.

Deepika: I gained some and lost a lot. The biggest highlight of my 2015 has to be starting our blog. The Brown Muses:  Samra and I have always wanted to start our own beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog but didn’t know where to start. I still remember one such conversation on WhatsApp, when we decided to start the blog on a whim. It’s been a fruitful journey with many good and only some bad experiences. We have learnt a lot of new things and wish to explore many unexplored territories.
On the professional front, I got a new job which may not be my dream job but I don’t mind it for now. I do have some plans for future in terms of career, which I will reveal at the right time. I hope I will be able to take the first of many steps in this direction in 2016. In a stark contrast, the things on the personal front were topsy-turvy. There’s not much to divulge except I lost some friendships but did rekindle some old ones.

Lastly, I hope 2016 will be good for me, Samra and all of us in fact, and nope, I don’t believe in New Year resolutions, so I got none. We some great plans for our blog and we will be bringing out some really amazing content so stay tuned.

Samra: If describe my journey through the year 2015 in a few words I’d simply say that it seemed like it passed with the blink of an eye.

The year began with wedding preparations for my one and only brother’s grand wedding, for which we shopped from Islamabad, Bahawalpur and Lahore. It was my first experience of shopping from Lahore and I must say it was a GREAT experience. If you’re watching out for extensive variety of clothes, shoes, jewellery (what and what not), Lahore is the place to be. As for mukesh work, we have always relied on Bahawalpur. I designed the clothes of all my sisters (as both of them live abroad), my mother, myself and sister-in-law’s walima dress with my mother’s help. The wedding took place in the first week of April. Photography from the Larkay walay’s end was handled by Shoaib Ali’s photography, which is matchless, and the salon we went for was none other than Allenora Annie’s Signature Salon, Islamabad, as always. Those interested in further details can PM on our facebook page.

Post wedding, I got a new job of my interest, which I am happy with, but the only problem is that it keeps me too occupied with work. Besides, another professional degree has been taking all my time, which is the only reason many of my half-written posts are still pending *sighs* That reminds me, Deepika and I started our blog in the first week of June. I have been extremely thrilled about it since the beginning and my only New Year resolution is to post more frequently. Haha. Also, I have many new ideas and posts in the pipeline that I intend to work on.

As for my overall journey through the year ’15, I personally feel I have become a stronger person, and my outlook towards life has changed in many ways, like, never have I shopped soooo much in my life before. *pun intended*

Until next time,

Deepika & Samra

You Might Also Like

0 comments