REVIEW: Bubblesandsqueek Whipped Shea Butter

Thursday, December 10, 2015



Hello lovelies! I have very dry body skin so I always need something to provide me intense and long lasting moisturisation as I don't really get the time to reapply lotions/butters frequently when I am at work. To combat dryness this winters one product came in handy which I will be reviewing today. The product's by the brand Bubblesandsqueek and it's called Shea Body Butter. Read further to know about my experience:

About the brand:

Handmade soap, made in small batches,hand-blending oils, butters and other ingredients to deliver deeply satisfying and luxurious soaps to make every bathing experience a beautiful one!

About the product:

A blend of shea butter and skin nourishing oils whipped into a luscious cream that penetrates deep to soothe, heal and pamper your skin. These little beauties can be used all over to soothe dry skin, sunburn, diaper rash and stretch marks. A little goes a long way!
Especially effective if used when skin is still warm and damp after bathing or showering.

Price: INR 275 for 60 gm
Shelf Life: 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
Available: Here
Ingredients: Shea butter, jojoba oil and fragrance oil.



My Experience:

Being a body lotion girl I never liked using body butters as I felt they take time to absorb and since I am always running late in the morning to work (tsk tsk :P) I prefer body lotions over body butters. However, this winter I made a decision to try body butters (I have not completely switched) I was not disappointed. One such body butter is Shea Whipped Butter by Bubblesandsqueek. The body butter contains only three ingredients which is interesting. It has shea butter, jojoba oil and fragrance oil. I The butter comes in a plastic jar with yellow coloured screw lid which shuts tight and hence makes it travel friendly. The butter has a whipped creme like consistency since its whipped and one can easily mistake it for whipped creme :P

The body butter contains shea butter as the main ingredients which has countless benefits for the skin. Shea butter is considered a super food for the skin as it is  rich in precious constituents such as unsaturated fats with a large proportion of non-saponifiable components, essential fatty acids, vitamins E and D, phytosterols, provitamin A and allantoin. It also contains jojoba oil which is known for it's moisturising properties.

I use the body butter daily after bathing on damp skin and it provides intense moisturisation which remains for next 5-6 hours (maximum). The body butter has a lovely fruity fragrance which lingers on the skin for a long number of hours (once it stayed on my skin for 12 hrs even after fading) which is very very impressive! I love the fragrance! When I received the product and removed the screw lid I couldn't stop smelling it as it smells THAT good. I also noticed that it made my skin smooth after regular use. The body butter may seem pricey to some but since very little quantity is required, a 60 gm jar should last you for more than a month if used daily.

To conclude, this is a great body butter to combat dry and parched winter skin.

Will I recommend: Why not?!

Pros:

  • Smells amazing.
  • Sturdy packaging.
  • Contains goodness of shea butter and jojoba oil.
  • Handmade, natural and not tested on animals.
  • Makes the skin smooth after regular use.
  • Smell lingers on for hours.
  • Provides intense moisturisation which stays for maximum 5-6 hrs.

Cons:
  • A bit pricey.
  • Availability - Not a con for me as I don't mind buying online.


Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments