REVIEW: Printed Leatherette Cross body Satchel Bag By Limelight

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Printed Leatherette Cross body Satchel Bag By Limelight 

Hey, Samra here back with the review of her recent purchase – a “street style” printed leatherette cross body satchel bag by Limelight. Sorry for being MIA as the new job and new course are keeping me occupied, but I do have many incomplete reviews in my bank. Hahah. Screen printed leatherette bags are very popular in Pakistan since last couple of years. Online brands like 9lines, Clush and RTW Creation have come up with some really chic bags with graphic, floral and funky print options. Recently, I came across this uber cool, funky collection by Limelight which is too good to miss.


About the brand:

Limelight is a ready to wear brand for trendy girls and ladies. It offers eastern shirts, suits, tops, lowers & accessories. The range mainly includes eastern shirts and suits in stylish cuts with embellishments. Limelight also offers an interesting collection of handbags and wallets. The shops also display colorful range of bottoms including printed and plain tights, palazzo pants and trousers. Recently, they have added western tops, shoes and jewellery at selective stores. The brand claims to give the best value for money to their customers in the market by selling high quality products at very affordable prices.

My thoughts:

To begin with, since the brand has come up with a huge variety of screen printed bags with “street style” images and clutches with those of the fashion icons like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, it was really hard for a shopaholic me to decide on one *sigh* Not to forget to mention – I have a thing for shoes and bags. Although I am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn and everybody likes Marilyn Monroe but I ended up choosing the one that I found to be the most “wearable” one at my workstation or study center.



It is a good quality leatherette satchel bag which comes with a long, adjustable leatherette strap, which I always prefer more than chain ones. It has a red base (This is my fourth red bag, precisely) and the print on the bag front is quite bright, which makes it noticeable. The image printed on the bag is that of a Paris street with the backdrop of a shadow(y) image of Eiffel Tower. On top of the bag is a stiff leatherette handle, so it can also be carried without the strap though I prefer using it along with the strap.


The medium gold metal detailing at the edge of the printed front gives it a classy look. The buckles to which the strap can be attached and the magnetic clasps are all in medium gold color and do not look over-the-top. What I like about it most is that it has magnetic clasps instead of buckles which make it handy as you do not have to struggle with buckles in order to open or close the bag every now and then which is a problem with most of the satchel bags – a problem for lazy people like me, yeah.. :P



It is stiff, which is a plus as it keeps all of my things in place. Even when I lug my stuff inside it in a hurry, it won’t bend and get de-shaped. There is no possibility of my papers being crushed and rest of the stuff tangled or scrunched. Not only it is sturdy, but the bag has very fine stitches. The interior of the bag is black and has two main compartments separated by a zip pocket in the middle. 


As for the size of the bag, its width is 12' and height is 8.5 which makes it quite spacious, so I can easily fit in my 8″ Sony mini-notebook if not the 15″ Samsung laptop along with a notepad, book and wallet etc. All in all, it is a local gem :D

Pros:
  • Good quality leatherette
  • Adjustable leatherette strap
  •       Stiff
  • Vibrant print
  • Sturdy
  • Availability
  •  Affordability
Cons:

  •   None
Price & Availability: Since Limelight stocks at D.Watson and Illusions apart from the brand’s retail franchises, I got mine from Illusions, Super Market, Islamabad at the price of PKR 1350.
P.S. The brand’s retail website is not live yet, however, you can check out their facebook page here  

Do I recommend this?
Definitely! Where in the world would you find such a spacious, sturdy, well-built and chic printed satchel bag at such an affordable price. 

Has the on-going printed bags’ trend taken you by storm yet? What do you think about this one?

Watch out this space for more haul posts and in-depth reviews.

Until next time, lots of love,
Samra

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience.


You Might Also Like

0 comments