REVIEW: Aroma Essentials D-Tan Scrub

Friday, February 19, 2016

Hello lovelies! Summers are upon us and so is sun damage, tanning, pigmentation etc. Today I will be reviewing a product which claims to help in tan removal, skin soothing etc. The product is called Aroma Essentials D-Tan Scrub. Read further to know my experience.

About the product:

Oatmeal is a natural, gentle exfoliator. It also soothes a variety of itchy skin conditions like eczema and insect bites by relieving dryness. Overall, oatmeal is a natural healer. Honey binds moisture into the skin and is full of antioxidants so it is wonderful for sun damage. It’s also good for acne because it helps to absorb impurities and dirt. Yogurt contains enzymes and lactic acid to hydrate and soothe. It can also even the skin tone. The benefits include lightening, tightening and brightening the complexion. Ideal for acne-prone skin as sugarcane extracts are a natural source of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), a natural exfoliator.




Price: INR 350 for 100 gm
Shelf Life: The label says 6 months however the date of manufacturing is missing.
Available: Here
Ingredients: citrus fruit peels like orange peels, pomegranate, lemon peels,  oats, honey, lentils powder, vetiver roots.

My Experience:

The D-Tan scrub comes in a transparent plastic jar with white or yellow screw cap. The packaging is simple but the labels don't mention ingredients, date of mfg etc. The scrub has a grainy texture with dried rose petals hidden in it giving a luxurious feel. The scrub has a very herbal kind of smell which I don't like!

To use, I scoop out desired product using a clean and dry spoon, I emulsify it with a few drops of water and scrub on damp skin. The scrubbing granules are not very abrasive yet they exfoliate the skin very well and gently, of course. I use the scrub twice a week and I've noticed that the product has removed tan off my arms and hands to some extent.  One has to consistently use the scrub in order to see proper effects. I guess I need to use the product for some time more to see whether it removes the tan completely or no. However right now I have no complains as this scrub actually works. The scrub contains citrus fruit peels, saffron strands which are known for their natural skin lightening properties. The scrub makes the smooth and radiant post use and I have never experienced any sort of dryness, in fact, it is one of the most hydrating body scrub I have used till date.

Overall, Aroma Essentials D-Tan Scrub is great for removing tan and making the skin smooth and radiant. The scrub doesn't strip skin off it's natural oils. I do wish the brand provided a spoon/spatula to scoop out the product and the jar had an inner lid to protect the contents of the jar further.



Will I recommend: Yes, of course.

Pros:

  • Contains natural ingredients like saffron strands, honey, citrus fruit peels etc.
  • Cruelty free and handmade.
  • Removes tan upon consistent use.
  • Makes the skin soft and radiant.
  • Doesn't dry, irritate the skin.
  • Gentle on the skin yet exfoliates very well.
Cons:
  • Ingredients list, date of mfg missing from the label.
  • Availability - Not for me as I don't mind buying online.
  • Smell puts me off.

Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments