REVIEW: Do Bandar - Night Experience Supercharged Oil

Thursday, October 01, 2015




Hello beauties! To beat your Monday blues I am back with a review (sorry for going AWOL) Following a CTM routine at night is important to keep our skin healthy and young. Today I will be reviewing a product which is a very vital part of my CTM routine. The product is called Night Experience - Supercharged Oil. Ever since I learnt of natural and cruelty free products, I have been drawn towards them massively. The main reason for being drawn towards these products were that they are ACTUALLY natural and not just claim to be natural. When I first heard that you could apply oil on your face, I was confused and surprised. However, I gave in and purchased this night serum as I was looking for a moisturiser that I could apply at night. Read on further to know how my experience was:

About the brand:

A more concious you … that’s what we’re about.

Who says modern living is a breeze? We most definitely live in stressful times.
It is times such as these that we need to take the time to calm down, center ourselves, and in the words of Master Shifu, find some ‘inner peace’.

We are our own manufacturers. Our greatest joy and strength is formulating these body care products.

We are responsible for the research, development and process..from start to finish.

Our products were developed by us from scratch- by Mayura and a team of well renowned Ayurvedic doctors from Thirthahalli, Shimoga. Our formulas contain no premade bases – every ingredient has a specific purpose and delivers targeted results.

Our formulas are developed using the most ancient natural skincare techniques available on the globe.We draw inspiration from traditional body care preparations – ancient Ayurvedic recipes, royal Mughal recipes, and preparations perfected by generations of mothers and grandmothers.

We TEST!! On ourselves and our loved ones.

We take responsibility for the environmental repercussions of our actions, so we strive to be as eco-friendly as possible! We buy recycled paper and packaging material, we hand wrap our soaps in banana fiber paper, we use recycleable glass bottles for our products and we keep all activity in one place to cut down on our carbon footprint. We are not a factory.We are an all women social enterprise.

At Do Bandar, we hand-craft body care experiences that work on the mind, body and soul. Our products are made from the purest natural ingredients, completely chemical-free, hand-crafted, and made with love. We are conscious about promoting a nature-friendly, safe and effective way to beauty, much like our great grandmothers and those before us. Our products celebrate the rich natural resources and traditions of India.

We are from Bangalore. Our products are made in Bangalore.

About the product:


The Do Bandar night experience gives your skin the rejuvenating benefits of nature’s most powerful botanicals. Our unique blend works to:
  • Support skin resilience
  • reduce appearance of wrinkles
  • hydrate and plump skin
  • comprehensively support collagen matrix
  • reduce appearance of fine lines


Price: INR 900 for 12 ml
Shelf Life: 12 months from the date mfg. 
Available: Here
Ingredients:  Almond oil (Prunus amygdalus), Virgin coconut oil (Cocos nucifera), and essential oils of Geranium (Pelargonium odorantissimum), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Neroli (Citrus aurantium), Rose Hip (Rosa canina), Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), Carrot Seed (Daucus carota), Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), and Frankincense (Boswellia serrata).

My Experience:

Do Bandar Night Experience Supercharged Oil comes in a glass bottle with dropper cap which ensures easy usage. The oil is concentrated and has a very strong herbal aroma which might bother sensitive noses. Once gently massaged on skin, the aroma vanishes in few minutes. I purchased this oil during cold months and I used to take 4 drops in palm, rub it between my palms and massage gently all over my face after washing my face with a mild cleanser and wiping my face with a toner. The oil used to hydrate my face immediately and I would wake up with supple skin with a subtle glow on the face. 

As the weather got sultry and humid I restricted it two drops and it hydrated my face immediately but as the humidity increased I used only one drop as two drops seemed a little heavy for my skin. The oil again didn't disappoint me, I woke up with supple skin and a subtle glow on the face. Regular usage of oil did bring a slight improvement in my skin, the super fine lines near my eye area vanished and it made my skin look healthy. 




Pros:
  • Natural, handmade and cruelty free
  • Lovely herbal aroma but a bit on the strong side
  • Glides easily over skin
  • Makes the skin supple, smooth and lends a subtle glow
  • Helps in combating fine lines
 Cons:
  • Available only online. Not a con for me as I don't mind buying online
  • Pricey 
  • Date Of Manufacturing missing from the label
Will I recommend: Yes

Until next time,
Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments