REVIEW: Pure Essence Soaps Almond Cinnamon Soap

Tuesday, August 18, 2015



Hello to all the beautiful people who are reading this post! I am back with the review of a soap this time, a first on the blog. This is not just an ordinary soap but a handmade melt and pour method soap. Handmade soaps are made using three methods, one is hot process, second is cold process and third is melt and pour method. This handmade soap claims to be natural, chemical free and cruelty free. The brain behind Pure Essence Soaps is Mrs Seema Khemani who's based in New Delhi. I randomly chanced upon her brand page on FB and ended up ordering a couple of soaps so let's see how this one fared (I will be gradually reviewing other soaps too).

About the brand:

The name PURE ESSENCE comes from the fact that all our ingredients are natural and derived from herbs. We offer 35- 40 varieties of handmade soap .All soaps are made at home with natural ingredients like glycerine, almond oil, almond powder, honey.

Price: INR 75 for 95-100 gm available in different shapes like rose, square, heart etc.
Shelf Life: N/A
Availability: Available here on brand page
Ingredients: Almond powder, cinnamon powder, essential oil of cinnamon, glycerine soap base etc.



My Experience: 

I did not know melt and pour soaps can be made on short notice until I spoke to Mrs Khemani over the phone before going ahead with my order and moreover Mrs Khemani was sweet enough to briefly explain me the method that she uses to make the soap and address all my queries. I got this particular soap made in rose shape. When I received it I couldn't get over the fact how cute it looked. The soap is in creme in colour and it smelled heavily of cinnamon and I liked it! Mrs Khemani had delicately sprinkled ground cinnamon on top of the soap which made it look even more cute :D. The ground cinnamon rendered exfoliating effect to the soap which I didn't mind since it doubled up as cleanser cum scrub. The soap is really good, it produces mild lather. I used it every day once a day (it lasted me for 2 weeks) and it cleaned my skin leaving it slightly moisturised due to almond being one of the main ingredients. This soap contains cinnamon as another main ingredients as the name suggests I would strongly advice people to not use it on face as cinnamon is known to irritate skin and our facial skin is sensitive. I tried to use it twice on my face and I experienced a burning sensation whereas I experienced nothing of that sort when I used it on my body.

Another good thing about the soap is that it doesn't melt like crazy, I have noticed handmade soaps tend to melt like crazy if they are left in water for a long time but that doesn't mean you should leave this soap in water :P.

To conclude, almond cinnamon soap leaves the skin soft and clean and I would definitely recommend this soap to those who are looking to try handmade soaps but shy away since handmade soaps are a bit on expensive side.

Pros:


  • Smells amazing
  • Handmade, natural and cruelty free
  • Dirt cheap
  • Lasts long
  • Doubles up as cleanser cum scrub
Cons:

  • Availability - It's not a con for me as I do not mind buying online but it might be for some
  • Smell doesn't linger on body

Have you tried this product yet? I’d love to know if you are into handmade soaps too like me.

Until next time,

Deepika.

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments