REVIEW: Organic Mill Facial Cleanser

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Hello lovelies! Following a proper CTM routine is key to healthy and nourished skin. However using cleansers that contain soap and harmful chemicals, preservatives are a big no as they cause a lot of harm to our skin in long run. Today I will be reviewing a facial cleanser from the house of Organic Mill, a Chennai based brand which is the brainchild of Ms. Shreni Kashyab. To know about my experience, keep reading.



About the brand:

Organic Mill is a line of handcrafted skincare products made with the finest ingredients that nourish , protect and improve the texture of your skin. You won't regret going organic once you've tried our products.

About the product:

Natural organic products not only deep clean the skin from dirt and oil,

but also help to fight and help prevent breakout for a clean and clear skin.

Try this acne cleanser to make your skin feel completely clear, oil-free and fresh.

Price: INR 220 for 200 ml
Shelf Life: 6 months
Available: Here
Ingredients: Green tea, basil and rice flour.
Packaging: Comes in a glass jar with a gold coloured screw cap. The packaging is not fit for travelling as you may end up breaking the glass if you are a clumsy person like me. The label doesn't mention details like date of mfg, shelf life, price, quantity etc.

My Experience:

Organic Mill Facial Cleanser is as natural as it gets. Made up of only three ingredients, namely green tea, basil and rice flour, the cleanser is 100% soap free and has a powdery texture and smells predominantly of green tea. The smell is really mild so it would not bother sensitive noses. The brand sends a wooden spatula (not pictured) along to scoop out desired product in order to avoid contamination. I use the product 2-3 times a week during the night as a part of my CTM routine. I take a desired amount in my palm, add a few drops of water to create a runny paste and massage gently all over my damp face. I leave the cleanser on for a minute or so before rinsing and the product helps immensely in removing grime, very light makeup (eg. bb cream) and oil without dehydrating the skin or making it feel stretchy. There's a natural glow too post rinse however it doesn't last long but I am not complaining.

The product has an impressive ingredient list as it is not loaded with harmful chemicals or preservatives. The addition of rice flour in the cleanser removes extra oil and helps in reducing sun tan but one has to be consistent to see visible results. The product also claims to prevent breakout but since I have not experienced breakouts yet *knocks on the wood*, I cannot comment on it. The green tea protects the skin from free radicals due to it's antioxidant properties.

To conclude, Organic Mill Facial Cleanser is a great product to clean and nourish your skin. The product renders a healthy glow and doesn't dehydrate the skin. Although the product is 100% soap free and natural, and I didn't experience any sort of irritation, a patch test is still recommended.



Will I recommend: Of course I will.

Pros:

  • Natural, vegan, handmade and cruelty free
  • 100% soap free.
  • Contains only three ingredients which are super food for the skin.
  • Removes oil, grime and light makeup without causing no dryness.
  • Gives a healthy glow and makes the skin fresh.
  • Reduces sun tan if used consistently.
  • Reasonably priced for a handmade product.
  • Causes no irritation.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not for me as I do not mind buying online!
  • Glass Packaging.
  • Price, shelf life, date of mfg and quantity missing from the label.


Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments