REVIEW: Gia Bath And Body Works Coffee Facial Cleanser

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

 It's getting super hot here and my skin is going through a horrible time. I've developed rough patches due to the sun, dust and pollution that my skin is subjected to on daily basis while commuting and back from office. I am trying to take good care of my skin (would you guys be interested in a current skincare routine post?) and one of the product that I have been using is from the house of Gia Bath and Body Works which is a renowned brand for handcrafting bath and body goodies using choicest and finest natural ingredients. Let's see how the Coffee Facial Cleanser from the brand fared for me.


About the product:

Combat UV damage and improve the strength, resilience, and elasticity of your facial skin.Coffee significantly improves collagen and elastin production, decreases skin roughness and wrinkle formation, and reduces the appearance of crow’s feet. This luxurious facial scrub will help tighten your facial skin and keep it happy.

Price: INR 590 for 150 gm
Shelf Life: 8 months from the date of manufacturing.
Available: Here
Ingredients: (refer to the picture below)


Packaging: The cleanser cum scrub comes in a plastic jar with gold coloured screw cap which shuts tightly. The jar may feel a little bulky to carry so it's best adviced to carry some amount of product in a small, clean and dry jar whilst travelling.

My Experience:

Gia Bath and Body Works Coffee Facial Cleanser is dark brown in colour with grainy texture and smells EXACTLY like coffee. The aroma is so delicious and awesome. It also has a very uplifting aroma which is sure to wake you up which in no way is overpowering. The coffee cleanser is loaded with benefits of coffee grounds which helps in exfoliating and tightening the skin, apart from that the cleanser also contains rose petal powder, kaolin clay, moroccan clay which are known to clean and nourish the skin while pulling out impurities. I use the cleanser cum scrub 3-4 times a week, I use a clean and dry spoon to scoop out desired product, create a thick paste using a couple drops of water (you may also use rose water or raw milk) and massage it gently across my face, the presence of coffee grounds exfoliate the skin but they are very mild so it doesn't hurt the skin. I leave it on for a minute and rinse thoroughly with tepid water. The cleanser gives a squeaky clean feel without drying the skin. My skin feels super soft and smooth post rinse and yes there's a nice glow too on the face which sadly doesn't last long.



The product can be used in three ways, i.e., you may use it as a cleanser, scrub and mask. I've used it in all three ways and it has not disappointed me in either way. The cleanser indeed feels very luxurious upon use and the best part it's handcrafted using natural and pure ingredients which are great for the skin. It keeps your conscious clean too.

To conclude, GBABW coffee cleanser is a great addition to skincare stash! The product claims to decrease skin roughness which is true to a great extent. However I cannot claim on other claims like skin tightening, reduce in appearance of crow's feet as I've not experienced anything of the sort. The product is completely natural but a patch test is still recommended.

Will I recommend: Absolutely!

Pros:
  • Very little quantity is required so the product will last long.
  • Cleans the skin thoroughly without dehydrating the skin.
  • Smells delicious. The aroma is enough to wake one up.
  • Imparts a nice and healthy glow.
  • Good and simple packaging.
  • The skin feels soft and smooth post use.
  • The product serves three purposes, i.e., it can be used as a scrub, cleanser and mask.
  • True to some of the claims.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not for me though!
  • Wish the brand provided a spoon/spatula to scoop out product. 
  • The glow post use does not last long.
Have you used any products from GBABW? Tell me below!
 
Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments