REVIEW: Yoshara Naturals Moroccan Beldi Facial Cleanser

Thursday, March 03, 2016



Hello beauties!! It's getting hot here in North India and I am experiencing some breakouts so these days I am in the process of adding skincare products which will aid in combating breakouts and oily skin which I go through in hot and humid weather. However, today I am going to review a product which I purchased in winters. The product is completely natural and I love using soap free facial cleansers anyway. The cleanser comes from the house of Yoshara Naturals and goes by the name of Moroccan Beldi Facial Cleanser. Let's see how the product fared for me.

About the product: 

Therapeutic Black Soap also known as Beldi is based on the centuries old hammam ( spa ) treatmement traditionally used by the Moroccan women as a way to indulge and clean their skin. Black Soap is a 100 % natural and organic plant product with added plant extracts rich in Vitamin E.

Price: INR 350 for 50 gm
Shelf Life: N/A
Available: Here
Ingredients: Made with saponified olive oil, black olives, Argan Oil and essential oil of eucalyptus and a hint of tea tree oil.

Packaging: Beldi cleanser comes in a plastic jar with a white coloured screw lid which shuts tight and is spill proof. I wish there was an inner lid to further protect the content because some of the product was transferred to the back of the lid as seen in the picture.



My Experience:

Ever since I have switched to completely natural and handmade products, I've become more open to experimenting with skincare products, Nope, I don't go crazy lol but I don't mind experimenting either. When I randomly chanced upon Beldi cleanser on Yoshara Naturals page I was intrigued as this is something I had never about it before. I did have a vague idea about African black soap but this is something different from that. Upon researching I found out that Beldi soap is made with olives.

"Beldi soap is made specially to be used in traditional bath establishments known as hammams. These are often referred to as Turkish baths or Turkish steam rooms in English. Note, however, that Beldi soap is very specifically Moroccan and not well-established in the hammams of Turkey. Regular visits to the hammam is an important part of life in Morocco and Beldi soap is an important part of the hammam bathing ritual. A Moroccan steam bath consists of several consecutive steam rooms, each slightly warmer than the previous one. The bather gradually moves from the coolest to the hottest room and once the skin has broken a good sweat and the pores have opened, Beldi soap is applied all over the damp skin (avoiding the area around the eyes). The soap – which works as a cleansing masque –  is left to work on the skin for three to ten minutes and is then rinsed off while the skin is vigorously scrubbed all over with a kessa, a wash mitt made from coarse fabric. Sometimes the scrubbing is done by a professional scrubber known as the kessel . The skin is exfoliated and left feeling invigorated and super smooth." (x)

Yoshara Naturals Beldi soap is brown in colour and has a paste like consistency which neither too thick nor runny. The cleanser has a different kind of smell which till date I've not been able to decipher however I do not mind as it's not strong and doesn't bother me either. I use the cleanser 3-4 times a day once a week on a damp face. I take twice the pea size amount (please use a clean and dry spoon to scoop out the product as it's preservative free) rub it between my palms and massage all over my face using gentle strokes. While using it always make sure that it doesn't go into the eyes because I am slightly clumsy, I accidentally got the cleanser into my eyes and it irritated me so much, I immediately rinsed it with plain water so yes please be careful while using (this is more like to reminder to self LOL). The cleanser has a smooth texture so it spreads easily and deep cleans the skin. After rinsing my face with water, I noticed that the cleanser didn't dry my skin, in fact my skin felt quite hydrated and there was a subtle glow too. The cleanser leaves you with a clean feeling without robbing your skin of it's natural oils, I guess my skin soaks up all the goodness from olives which have Vitamin E in abundance. I use the cleanser post work (I have a full time job) and it does make my tired face look fresh however the effect doesn't last long which is a slight bummer considering the product is really good.

To conclude, YN Beldi cleanser almost ticks all boxes. It's a great cleanser to deep clean the skin without stripping it off it's natural oils. Also the product may seem a bit pricey but if used wisely it will last long and as they say less is more. The product is packed with nutrients and is gentle for every day use!



Pros:
  • Chemical free, handmade and cruelty free.
  • Contains goodness of olive pulp, olive oil etc. 
  • Deep cleans the skin without dehydrating it.
  • Gives a subtle glow to the skin.
  • Great for all skin types.
  • Mild enough to be used every day.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not for me though!
  • Tired skin looks fresh but the effect doesn't last long.

Will I recommend: Yes!

Note: You can also purchase Yoshara Naturals products at Select Citywalk's (New Delhi) handpicked market held every Sunday from 11 am onward.

Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is my own purchase and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments