REVIEW: Pure Suds Face Food Carrot Ylang Ylang

Thursday, January 28, 2016



Hello beauty junkies! Here's wishing y'all belated Happy Republic Day. Hope y'all caught the parade on TV. Moving on to the product which I am gonna review today. As y'all might be knowing my skin gets extremely dry during winter seasons and to keep it hydrated for a long time I need a moisturiser which would do the job. Around the time of Diwali, one of my favourite natural and handmade brand Pure Suds were running an offer where they were offering a full size of jar of their then newly launched cream called Face Food Carrot Ylang Ylang to first ten orders over a purchase of INR 1000 absolutely free. I was one of ten lucky people who received the free jar along with my order. Let's see how the cream fared for me.

About the product:

Feeding your facial skin with the right stuff in the right quantities is extremely important. As the saying goes "You are what you eat" the same goes for your skin as it is what you feed it with.

Face-Food!! Why the name?? Well, most of the ingredients are derived from what we eat hence th name struck as it is.

So whats in it?

Hazelnut oil - A dry oil due to the high content of catechins and tannins which easily gets absorbed into the skin and reduces enlarged pores.Hazelnut oil is amazing for sensitive skin and mildly protects from the harsh UV rays although in todays world one still needs a hat and sunscreen for extra protection.

Macadamia oil - The Chemical profile of this oil is similar to the human sebum. .Phytosterols are protective, aiding in skin recovery. Phytosterols act like cortisone on the skin, helping to reduce itchiness and inflammation. The Linoleic Fatty Acid content, makes it great for a parched, dehydrated skin, that has difficulty retaining moisture. This oil absorbs into the skin easily withour leaving a greasy mess.

Mango Butter - has skin softening, soothing & moisturizing properties. Controls dry skin, czema and dermatitis. Its helpful in protecting the skin from the weather and UV radiation.Said to be effective at reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Contains anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties. A non-greasy butter that is yummily good for the skin.

Ylang Ylang Essential oil - It helps to control oil production and minimize breakouts. It also helps regenerate skin cells, smoothing fine lines and improving skin elasticity. A great essential oil for all skin type.

Carrot Seed Oil - This magical oil is the star of the product. It contains Carotol a primary ingredient in the oil. It is high in antioxidants which is important for any anti-ageing formula. These components help prevent the skin from the harmful UV rays. Carrot seed oil has a reputation for helping to heal eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis because of its ability to stimulate cell growth and repair damaged skin.

If you have dry or oily skin, you don’t have to worry—like many natural oils, carrot seed oil has the ability to balance both! It gives skin just enough moisture without clogging pores, making it perfect for all skin types.

In fact, anyone with dull, lifeless skin should definitely look for carrot seed oil in their skin care products. It’s abilities to rejuvenate, heal, and protect will have you looking more lively in no time.

Price: INR 599 for 90 gm
Shelf Life: 8 months from the date of manufacturing
Available: Here
Ingredients: (refer to picture below)


My Experience:

The cream comes in a plastic jar with a gold coloured screw lid which shuts tight hence making it travel friendly. The cream is white in colour with a lotion type texture which is neither thick nor runny. The cream smells heavily of ylang ylang which might bother people with sensitive noses however I am a fan of smell of ylang ylang therefore I don't mind it. The price may seem a little high but since it's completely natural and requires very little amount of product to be used it will last long making it cost effective.

I have been using the cream for over two months now and I am in love! Yes literally in love. That's because this cream did the unthinkable. I live in North India and the region is famous for it's harsh winters. With my skin getting extremely dry I needed something that would intensely moisturise and nourish my skin. I use a pea sized amount right after bathing on the face and it sinks into the the skin like a dream and it's not at all greasy or oily. There's NO trace of dryness left, I mean I apply the cream around 9 am in the morning and it keeps my skin moisturised for almost 10+ hours!!! How awesome, right?? I mean this powerful cream beat the harsh North Indian winter. My skin feels super soft until I have washed my face after a tiring day at work. The cream doesn't feel heavy and forms a protective barrier which protects the skin against dry winter air. I have also noticed that I didn't experience dry patches on my facial skin like I used to every winter.



As the name suggests the cream is loaded with carrot seed oil which is known for it's antioxidant properties and hydrates the skin without clogging the pores. The cream also contains ylang ylang, hazelnut and macadamia oils.

Overall, I am super impressed by this cream and it's a staple part of my skincare routine. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated for more than 10+ hours. Moreover, it has made my skin smooth over a period of use so I don't think I should be asking for more!! Although the product is completely natural and I didn't experience any irritation or breakouts a patch test is still recommended.

Pros:

  • Super hydrating. Keeps the skin hydrated for 10+ hours.
  • Completely natural - devoid of harsh chemicals and not tested on animals.
  • Smells heavily of ylang ylang which I like.
  • May seem pricey but very little quantity is required. 
  • Neither greasy nor oily.
  • Has made my skin smooth over a period of use.
  • Contains a powerful blend of carrot seed oil, macadamia oil, ylang ylang oil & hazelnut oil.
Cons:
  • Availability - Not a con for me though.
  • The strong ylang ylang may bother people with sensitive noses.
Will I recommend?: YES YES!! It's a fantastic product. I love it.

Which cream did help you in combating dry winter skin?! Share your thoughts with us, we love hearing from y'all!


Until next time,

Deepika

Disclosure: This product is a gift and the views and opinions expressed hereby are strictly unbiased, based on my personal experience. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments